The 1960’s brought on a growing awareness of the need to develop closer relationships between radiologists across the various nations of Asia and Oceania. Providing opportunities to learn from one another, the collaboration of the nations would contribute towards further fostering both regional and international ties. The first meeting of Asian and Oceanian Regional Radiologists was held in Japan on 11 October 1969, and it was here that the formation of the Asian Oceanian Society of Radiology (AOSR) begun. 2011 marked the 40th anniversary of AOSR, which is now made up of 23 member societies comprising of Bangladesh Society of Radiology and Imaging, Chinese Society of Radiology, Chinese Taipei Society of Radiology, College of Radiology Academy of Medicine of Malaysia, Fiji Radiology, Hong Kong College of Radiologists, Indian Radiology and Imaging Association (IRIA), Indonesian Radiological Society, Japan Radiological Society, Korean Society of Radiology, Macau Radiology Association, Mongolian Radiological Society, Nepal Radiologists’ Association, Philippine College of Radiology, Radiological Society of Pakistan, Radiologist Ministry of Health Tonga, Royal College of Radiology of Thailand, Samoa Society of Radiology, Singapore Radiological Society, Sri Lanka College of Radiologists, The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists, Uzbekistan Radiology Society and Vietnam Society of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine.
- To stimulate basic and clinical research to advance the development of radiology.
- To improve the quality and technique of radiological procedures and to improve members’ skills in this respect.
- To stimulate interest in and to provide guidelines for the practice, teaching and post-graduate training in radiology.
- To facilitate the exchange of scientific information.
- In furtherance of the above mentioned objectives, the Society may organize congresses, courses, lectures and co-operate with other scientific organizations
For more information, please click here
Kundur Prabhakar Reddy
Immediate Past President
Dinesh K. Varma
Evelyn Lai-Ming Ho
Seung Hyup Kim
Danny Hing Yan Cho
Byung Ihn Choi